If you are a devoted translator, have positive attitude and ready for machine-translation post-editing, then you are welcome to join our team.
We are looking for freelance translators with proficiency in various fields.
- language pairs: EN <-> DE; ZH <-> EN; EN <-> MN; EN <-> NO; EN <-> FI; EN <-> DA; EN <-> TG; EN <-> FR; EN <-> SV;
- topics: marketing, law, IT, business, video games, medicine;
- types: marketing materials, interface factsheets, encyclopedia factsheets, system messages, interface messages, lists of objects and skills for videogames characters; internal video games texts: tasks, dialogues etc.
- translating various content types within the established deadlines;
- post-editing machine translations;
- working with structured and unstructured documents (for example, in MS Word);
- translating whole products: web pages, context-sensitive help-files, examples, error messages, and other customer-related materials;
- using SDL Trados Studio and cloud-based translation tools (Smartcat and others);
- copywriting of content and instructions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 1+ years of relevant experience within translation;
- 1+ years of experience as a freelance translator;
- 1+ years of experience within certain thematic fields.
- using appropriate grammar, punctuation, spelling, style for both target and source languages;
- demonstrating proficiency in using dictionaries as well as reading and translating without dictionaries;
- analyzing, identifying and resolving variances in word meanings and ideas within a written document so that none of the original information is lost in translation;
- explaining cultural references including slang terms, idioms and other phrases that do not translate literally to the target audience;
- keeping the voice, attitude and context of the original work intact throughout translation;
- modifying translation to meet customers’ experience.
Computer skills (experienced user):
- Word, including ability to use a revision tracking mode;
- using translation tools (SDL Trados and others).
To apply you need:
- to update your CV;
- to fill out the form;
- to attach your updated CV to the form;
Be ready to complete a test translation and get your first project!
If you wish to take part not only in post-editing projects, but also in translation ones, please visit the vacancy below and complete a short test translation: logrusglobal.com/freelancer/freelance-translator.html