If you are a devoted translator, have deep knowledge of languages and positive attitude, then you are welcome to join our team.
We are looking for freelance translators with proficiency in various fields. All candidates should be ready for MTPE (machine translation post-editing) and using cloud-based technologies in their work.
- most relevant language pairs: RU->EN; RU->DE; EN->FR (Canadian)
also required: EN <-> DE; ZH <-> EN; EN <-> MN; EN <-> NO; EN <-> FI; EN <-> DA; EN <-> TG; EN <-> SV; FR <-> EN;
- Most relevant topics: manufacture (Chlor Alkali Products, Chemical Distribution and Winchester); IT (hardware and software, invoicing, order processing, data migration); legal, marketing, medicine
also required: business, video games.
- types: marketing materials, interface factsheets, encyclopedia factsheets, system messages, interface messages, lists of objects and skills for videogames characters; internal video games texts: tasks, dialogues etc.
*Applications for language pairs and topics above will be considered during two weeks; other applications will wait until requested.
- translating various content types within the established deadlines;
- machine translation post-editing;
- working with structured and unstructured documents (for example, in MS Word);
- translating whole products: web pages, context-sensitive help-files, examples, error messages, and other customer-related materials;
- using SDL Trados Studio;
- creating instructions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years of relevant experience within translation;
- 3+ years of remote translation experience;
- 3+ years of experience within certain thematic fields;
- experience with cloud-based translation tools.
- using appropriate grammar, punctuation, spelling, style for both target and source languages;
- demonstrating proficiency in using dictionaries as well as reading and translating without dictionaries;
- analyzing, identifying and resolving variances in word meanings and ideas within a written document so that none of the original information is lost in translation;
- explaining cultural references including slang terms, idioms and other phrases that do not translate literally to the target audience;
- keeping the voice, attitude and context of the original work intact throughout translation;
- modifying translation to meet customers’ experience.
Computer skills (experienced user):
- Word: using revision marks, templates; text formatting; managing macros;
- Excel: searching, filtering, formatting;
- Outlook: spam filtering, message forwarding, attachments saving;
- Internet browsing;
- using translation tools (SDL Trados);
- using cloud-based translation tools.
To apply you need:
- to complete a short free test from the list below (if you wish to work with several language pairs and topics, you should complete several tests; if you do not plan to complete a test translation, then, please, visit: logrusglobal.com/freelancer/post-editor.html):
- to fill out the form;
- attach your test translation and CV to the form;
- sign out the agreement if the manager responds;
- get your first project!