Use your expertise as a Freelance Technical Editor to help us advance the world of localization. We are respected for our high-quality localization services.
You will add value by editing all types of customer-read documents so that they enhance our products’ usability and our customers’ experience, and comply with our style and regulatory requirements. You will have a variety of assignments, performing developmental, substantive, and copy edits on material from online help systems and instruction manuals, to brochures, eLearning, and scientific posters. And, you will have the chance to influence style decisions and work with associates in many functions to continuously improve our documents.
Types of materials:
- language pair: RU->EN;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- write and edit customer-read technical documents for hardware and software for use by developers and engineers without supervision. Sometimes this entails working closely with the relevant project development and marketing teams;
- edit marketing material and customer education material;
- review material before and during technical and marketing review cycles, ensuring editorial compliance;
- collaborate with PMs on style and template standards, drive resolution of issues relating to project requirements and translation;
- create style sheets for specific projects;
- maintain and distribute updates of the style guide and related resource material, including trademarks and addresses;
- serve as an information resource for other functions on style and other editing issues;
- ensure that documents comply with corporate standards and best technical documentation practices;
- work with structured and unstructured documents, including MS Word, FrameMaker and DITA;
- ensure that documents comply with current Technical Publications processes and policies;
- incorporate review comments.
- BA/BS degree in English, mass communications, journalism, technical writing, or engineering related fields of study preferred. Commensurate experience is acceptable.
- 5+ years of experience as an editor in a technical field, preferably editing hardware/software user manuals (print and online), proofreading for technical content, preferably in a regulated environment
- demonstrated expertise in all levels of editing, from developmental through copyediting and proofreading;
- skilled in electronic markup (Acrobat, tracked changes in Microsoft Word, standard editorial and proofreading symbols);
- experience editing content for localization;
- attention to detail and accuracy in editing and related work;
- demonstrated mastery of English grammar and stylistic conventions;
- excellence in grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, and diction;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to follow and develop style standards;
- ability to effectively analyze and organize complex documentation sets and integrated marketing programs, and recommend solutions to translators;
- understanding of technical and marketing document production processes;
- demonstrated ability to schedule and prioritize multiple projects;
- technical writing experience;
- experience with document architecture and large document sets;
- experience editing marketing collateral, training material, R&D technical documents and/or experience as a marketing or corporate communications writer;
- experience with Microsoft-based applications (Office Suite), Adobe Acrobat for markups, basic knowledge of FrameMaker;
- experience with terminology management;
- familiarity with machine-editing technologies (Acrolinx, Author Assistant) and content management systems (SDL LiveContent a plus);
- technologically savvy, with the ability and willingness to adapt to new tools and processes.
- work in a dynamic environment with true professionals;
- regular payments in accordance with strict deadlines (the rate depends on the test results);
- flexible working hours;
- instant professional development.
To apply you need:
- to fill out this form
- to complete a free test on editing