If you are a devoted native English translator, have a deep knowledge of foreign languages and a positive attitude then Logrus Global invites you to apply as our independent contractor translator.
Types of materials.
- language pairs: RU <-> EN;
- specialization: marketing, law, technical content, business, public sector, video games;
- technical content, interface factsheets, encyclopedia factsheets, system messages, interface messages, lists of objects and skills for videogames characters, internal video games content: tasks, dialogues etc.;
- translation of various types of content from Russian into English (including video games content)
- work with structured and unstructured documents, including MS Word, FrameMaker and DITA;
- translate whole products: web pages, context-sensitive help, examples, error messages, and other information developed for customers;
- using Trados Studio and other translation tools;
- creating of different types of materials and instructions.
- A bachelor's degree
- 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree)
- 5-7 years relevant experience within translation
- Proficiency in English (grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and language-specific slang; proficiency in using dictionaries, reading and translating without dictionaries). Proficiency in Grammar and Vocabulary.
- Proficiency in Russian. Ability to analyze, identify and resolve variances in word meanings and ideas within a written document so that none of the original information is lost in translation. Cultural references including slang terms, idioms and other phrases that don't translate literally are explained to the target audience. Ability to keep the voice, attitude and context of the original work intact during the translation process. Modify translations to meet the customer's experience.
Computer skills (experienced user):
- Word: revision marks, templates, managing macros, text formatting
- Excel: search, filtering, formatting
- Outlook: e-mail, working with spam, message forwarding, attachments
- Internet: web searching experience
- diligence, precision, responsibility: careful editing of grammar mistakes, misprints
- efficiency: stress resistance and ability to switch between tasks
- B.A. in English, Russian, Journalism, Communications, IT or other related fields
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- foreign languages besides English
- experience with Trados, SDLX; HTML; SMTP, POP3; Windows services (Exchange Server, Microsoft Office Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express)
- basic knowledge of video games, gaming experience
- distant work experience
- work in a dynamic environment with true professionals
- regular payments in accordance with strict deadlines (the rate depends on the test results)
- flexible working hours
- instant professional development
To apply you need:
- to fill out this form
- to complete a free test on editing
- to sign an Agreement